Did you have fun, guys?
Quite a number of the participants were bloggers. Jot down your comments about the race, guys! Did you have fun?
These are the tasks that they need to complete in order to win the prizes. Believe me, we don't let them to win RM500 just like that. Extra efforts are essential. What you are about to read below aren't as easy as reading it through. Hehe...
Tasks 1: Taman Pertanian Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
- Find ostrich. They were only given its scientific name: Struthio camelus.
- Find "Meranti". They might be confused; is it a name for a tree, or a camp?
- Buy RM5 batik drawing.
- Paint the batik. The challenge was that some groups that came late to the checkpoint needed to wait because there were limited number of paints and the paintings themselves.
- Find 5 species of animals based on their scientific name. They needed to take pictures with the animals. Mind you, although it was a mini zoo, it's still hard to find each of them.
- Find the foe of the crocodile. It's actually kancil. They might be confused between kancil and deer.
- Ride a pony 2 rounds. It's a very easy task. Hehe...
- Find 3 ikan bakar restaurants.
- Find Mak Cik Wok and Pak Cik Husin's keropok lekor stall and buy RM1 of the food. The stall has no signboard so the participants had to ask the villagers.
- Dress a dummy using the provided textiles.
- Find the exact textile in the shop. Can you imagine, how tough it is to find it in a shop full with thousands of textile designs?
- Find one person among the public and ask him/her to sing Pahang state anthem.
- Sing along with him/her.
- Prepare a kite and fly it at the field. They were provided with anything thus they need to buy the equipments on the spot.
- Find few things like dinasour, cobra, Sleeping Buddha, lady looking into a mirror, elephant, monkey, fish etc. The challenge was that, they needed to climb to enter the cave. The things in search were scattered every where inside and outside the cave and they were not easily found.
- Count the number of steppings leading up and leading down to the cave. The challenge was that, the steppings were unorganized with different sizes and height. The answers are: leading up: 130 and leading down: 150.
- Find a "broken" pitcher plant (periuk kera). It is actually not the plants, but a slightly broken signboard. They need to act like a monkey in front of it.
- Act like a TV commersial: the fisherman and the fish inside the river.
- Light a bonfire.
- Unlike other checkpoints, they were only given the clue "Kuantan". What they need to find was huge alphabets of KUANTAN at Benteng.
All students, lecturers and staffs are invited to the event. Monday 11.45 am at Main Auditorium, Kulliyyah of Science. Watch the video entitled The Journey towards being The Explorer and there'll be lucky draws in an Explorer-style. You'll like it!