Tuesday, January 26, 2010

3 Achievements in a Week


My second week of the year was not very much enjoyable. I fought with some psychological disturbances which degraded and limited my career performance.

However, the third week was a blast. I got 3 personal achievements in a week. Thanks Allah!

#1 Third time on IKIM.fm

At first I was thinking of discussing topic concerning sugar and diseases related to it. With the increment of price of the high demand product in the market announced by the Government, I thought it would be great to share some knowledge on taking the development in a positive way i.e. by controlling (with that I mean by reducing) the amount of sugar intake in our foods.

However, with the more recent development on Facebook and Bra Color, I changed my mind and discussed the matter with the listeners. In the slot, I discussed the need to be careful and wise when it comes to promoting and involving in any types of campaign. In the slot also, I suggested a better way of promoting breast cancer awareness campaign which is through radio and telling directly to the public the danger of the disease.

#2 Being a Speaker

It was nice to come to the Center for Foundation Studies (CFS, formerly known as Matriculation Center) of IIUM, Petaling Jaya after about 4 years leaving the center. But this time I came as a speaker for a programme. The programme was held by the alumni of ex-students from Kulliyyah of Science and the Pre-Sciences Students' Society, PRESSS.

In the session, I was with other graduates from the faculty to explain to the students who take Biomedical Science about possible careers they may be interested to jump into when they have graduated from the degree course. In my session, I discussed a topic entitled "Finding the Bridge" and explained to them their roles to be the communicator between the Ulama and the scientists in the future.


#3 Article in Weekend Newspaper

It was awesome to see my article in the newspaper. I wrote and sent the article few days after I landed from UK. Alhamdulillah, it was chosen to be posted in the Kembara section of Berita Minggu of 24 January 2010.

Thanks to Berita Minggu for choosing my article. It is also available online.

1 comment:

Zack Jeffy said...

Wow... way to go dude...
Frankly speaking,u can't imagine how proud i am of ur achievement,
biar apa org nak kata, yg penting hati kita....
Achievement semua tu jadikan semgt untuk ko move on...
tmabah plak pasni ko dah nak ada family....
really respect kat ko la bro....
Btw, all d best to u and mary....
Assalamualaikum

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...