Friday, July 17, 2009

The Other Choice


The truth is I have 2 great choices for the post-grad life and in every aspect, one outweighs the other.

Let me reveal one for now: I've been informed that I made it for the IIUM Fellowship and next there'll be another round of interview by the Management Services Department (MSD) of IIUM in the middle of August 2009.

And the other choice, I dare not to reveal it yet but what I can say for now is, I'll attend the interview next week. I am really looking forward to it although attending the interview would mean I have to reject the IIUM Fellowship offer should I am successful with this particular interview.

So here's the dilemma: should I reject IIUM Fellowship or not? Should I go for the interview in the first hand?

It has been my dream to serve for IIUM since my second year since I see there are a lot of opportunities for bringing the university to a higher level. Other than that, Kuantan is a very peaceful place to leave live in. But I am very sorry to say, I did feel disappointed about the unsuccessful application to enrol doing Master programme in Kulliyyah of Pharmacy which supposed to start this month. I still question to myself:
Why didn't they make the procedure easy for ex-student of IIUM like me? Didn't they know without that stupid final transcript, it doesn't make so much difference?


Then suddenly comes the other choice which has a lot of pros which again, I dare not to mention one yet because I am not ready.

However, without realizing my actual action, I have done few actions that would lead me to rejecting IIUM Fellowship. I have told the hearts in Kuantan about the other choice, I have emailed my supposed-to-be supervisor for my Master programme in Kulliyyah of Pharmacy about the other choice and I have worked also on the logistic matters related to the other choice. Silently, my actions tell me the decision although at the base of my heart, I love Kuantan so much.

Let see, now it's just a matter of time. I always pray to Allah to guide me to the right path and best decision and for Him to strengthen my faith to accept whatever the decision is, that's the one meant for me and the rest of my life.

Amin...

6 comments:

fadzil said...

funny though..i'm too having this dilemma right now. except that it's not IIUM's ... one side looks sooo easy, the other side mcm nampak tak nampak je kan, tapi mcm dah bagi commitment n harapan yg tggi..hahaha...one thing >> live it. kehidupan, camtu la. cuma bak kata kak miza, kite kene pentingkan kita pny masa depan..

ZarithFarhana said...

maybe u should go 2 the interview first, then if u really don't want the offer, u can always back out. mind u, it's not being greedy... this is what i call PLAN B. (just in case the other one is not successful at the last moment) all the best to u. whatever ur decision, hope u'll find what u like.

zaraa Y. said...

Salam..

Congrats for both offer..

Pikir leklok..

ermm..aku pun rasa kuantan ni agak aman & best to stay...

tapi, sbb langsung takde famili kat pantai timur ni, tak le aku tinggal sini lps grad ti..hehe..

BTW, make a great choice k..masih ada masa mau pkir.. :)

wish u all the best & dipermudahkanNYA..

nabihah said...

wah~ ske kata2 kak miza: kite kene pentingkan kita pny masa depan...

ak ske gk duk kuantan tu sbb tenang dr jb ngan kl tp blum ada rezki blk ke sana

nway, tahniah sbb dpt memilih (exercise otak he2) and may u be guided always to the bestest choice amin...

TimMie said...

so u're thinking of becoming a lecturer? bagusnye.. =)

pape pun all d best.keep posting k.
bgus utk ktorg yg pening2 lg pk future ni.hehe

Anonymous said...

to live in..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...